On 18 June 2019, the Presidents and Chief Justices of the Supreme Courts of the SCO Member States will meet in Sochi.
The meeting will be attended by Presidents of the Supreme Courts of China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan. The heads of the highest judicial bodies of the SCO observer states – Afghanistan, Belarus and Mongolia, as well as Cambodia, which is a dialogue partner – have been invited as guests.
The agenda includes a discussion of the following topics:
1. Reducing the consideration time and number of pending cases at various levels of the judicial system, the mechanism of pre-trial settlement (the use of conciliation procedures for resolving disputes), and the experience of the SCO countries.
2. The application of national and international legal acts in courts to protect children’s rights, including those related to the protection of their property rights.
3. Review of court rulings and sentences in criminal cases that have entered into legal force.
4. Jurisdiction of administrative proceedings: problems and prospects for development.
5. Measures to strengthen the independence of the judiciary.
Accreditation is required: https://m1.sectsco.ru/register/media/?lang=en